Look Good, Feel Better
If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you look good. So it's no wonder one of the biggest challenges reported by women undergoing cancer treatments is that you often can't hide their effects. For many women, that privacy and semblance of normalcy is as essential to success as find the right treatment.
Get help getting your game face on in a fun, free program hosted quarterly at the HealthPlex. At Look Good, Feel Better, you'll find a wealth of tips for combating the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment. Each two-hour session is a partnership of the American Cancer Society (ACS), Personal Care Products Council Foundation and Professional Beauty/National Cosmetology Associations. Here's a peek at what you'll experience that night:
- Makeover from cosmetology professionals with specialized training
- Help with skin care and makeup (even if you rarely wear cosmetics)
- Strategies for nail care
- Opportunity to meet others going through similar experiences
- Free makeup kits to take home
- Chance to try on the hospital's free Cancer Care Closet with hundreds of stylish wigs, hats, scarves and turbans
For more information, to register for the next Look Good, Feel Better, or to make an appointment to visit the Cancer Care Closet, contact (618) 526-5672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Breast Care Program at St. Joseph's Breese, call (618) 526-5460.
To schedule a mammography appointment, call St Joseph's Hospital Central Scheduling at (618) 526-5396.